Gadgetry to outdoor kit – we have your mens Christmas ideas covered!
Got a man who you think has everything? Our travelling Dad’s are far more than just our carrying pack horses on family vacation! They deserve something special ready for that next big family – or solo – adventure!
Whether it’s the frequent business traveller, the outdoor lover or the family guy who’s always looking for the latest gadgets and tech to make life easier, come and check out this bumper collection of gift ideas for travelling men this Christmas!
This post is part of our travel gifts series – find something unique for all your family and friends over here
This page contains affiliate links that earn us a commission if a qualifying purchase is made.
Gadgets for men who love travel
Men love their gadgetry and electronics that offer simple solutions to travel problems. Whether it’s upping their filming skills or getting comfortable on long flights, check out this latest travel tech for 2021 perfect for men that travel.
Sony RX100 VII
- Ready to up your photography game from amateur to amazing? Forget smartphones, you need to invest and the Sony RX100 VII – the best of the best in compact cameras capable of some amazing results. One of the most talked-about brands this year for a powerful camera in a small unit that takes not only stunning stills but great 4K video too.
DSLR Cheat Sheets
- The perfect accompaniment if your man is really wanting to improve his photography skill set. This handy clip-on prompt card set gives the little reminders you need to effectively shoot in manual mode and really up your photography game, waterproof and easy to fit in with your camera gear.
GoPro Hero9 Black
- If you’re still not convinced about the investment in a mirrorless camera, you can’t go wrong with a GoPro instead. Whether it’s recording your live-action adventures in ultra slow-mo, or simply having the convenience of a camera that’s small enough to fit in your pocket, there’s a good reason GoPro remains the market leader in action cameras. The GoPro Hero9 Black offers 5K video and HyperSmooth 3.0 stabilisation making it some of the clearest footage you can get in such a small unit.
Joby gorilla pod
- A great add on for your action camera fanatics, it folds up compact for your day bag and grips or clings to almost any surface for capturing those epic shots.
Noise cancelling headphones
- The white noise on a plane can be surprisingly loud so a good set of noise-cancelling headphones is essential for frequent flyers (or their uncanny ability to block out noise when you’re toddlers having a meltdown mid-air….) It is always worth investing in a good set of quality, wireless headphones that don’t get twisted and knoted up in your seat.
- Keeping things compact, if you don’t want to lug a whole laptop on your travel, a foldable keyboard can be a great solution for men travelling for business who want to keep it light but still prefer to type on a full-sized keyboard. Can work with Bluetooth or USB.
Joseche wireless blackout mask
- Frequent flyers will tell you just how important it is to catch some decent zzz’s when you’re flying. If you’re not lucky enough to be in the pointy end of the plane every time with your own sleep cabin, these ultra blackout masks are a superb way to block out distractions from light AND noise with built-in noise-cancelling HD speakers.
Aeropress Travel Coffee Maker
- The ultimate in men’s travel accessories! The perfect way to start your day on the go when there’s not a coffee shop in sight, this coffee press includes a travel cup that doubles as a carry case making it perfect for the travelling Dad.
Brookstone Total Comfort Travel Pillow
- It might not look as exciting on the tech front, but the design features of the Brookstone Total Comfort travel pillow are exactly what your frequent flying fella needs. The curved shape of the charcoal-enriched memory foam offers ideal comfort and support far superior to cheap blow up u-shaped pillows.
Kobo Clara HD 6″ Carta E Ink Touchscreen E-Reader
- We’ve dabbled in all sorts of electronic reading devices over the years, and whilst we’ve found tablets that can ‘do the lot’ useful for other reasons, undoubtedly if you’re a reader you want to stick to the backlit E Ink readers. Mr Globetrotter is currently loving our Kobo Clara, but equally, the waterproof Kindle paperwhite can do the job too.
Gifts for outdoorsy men
Got a man who loves hiking and the outdoors? Then check out these suggestions ideal for men who travel beyond resorts and city breaks!
RSPB Birdwatching Binoculars
- A pair of binoculars for a man that travels is a must, especially if they are a keen birdwatcher. Whether your dad loves nothing more than sitting on the porch scouting out local wildlife or is an experienced wild birder, binoculars are the perfect gift for the outdoorsy man.
Solar power battery bank
- Battery packs have become almost essential for every type of traveller these days, but they are only useful if you can actually keep the battery pack charged! No easy feat when you’re away from a power source. This solar-powered battery pack is the ultimate piece of kit for your outdoorsy dad, charging your devices with an impressive 30000mAh capacity it’s ideal for multi-day trips.
Leatherman Wave Plus Multitool
- Every Dad NEEDS a Leatherman! I can’t tell you the number of times Mr Globetrotters Leatherman has come in handy in our travels (just remember not to take it in your plane carry on!) The Leatherman Wave Plus has 18 different tools from pliers to bottle openers and a 25-year warranty – an investment well worth making for a premium quality buy.
JBL Portable Speaker
- Entertainment wherever you go, camping or at the beach this semi-waterproof and shockproof speaker comes everywhere with us these days! Easy to connect via Bluetooth and recharges with USB. We love the hard carry case to keep it protected in our beach bag or camping gear.
- Leave no mark behind when you hit the trails. A portable BBQ firepit stacks up so super slim it’ll fit in your daypack – just add fire and food!
KEEN Targhee III Hiking Sandals
- It took a while to convince hubby he needed to switch from hiking shoes to sandals – revolutionary! These waterproof sandals from Keen have been ideal for our hiking in hot climates, they also work great for beaches and in the tropics where we were crossing streams.
Filtered Water Bottle
- Heading off the beaten track a SurviMate Purified water bottle includes a 4 stage integrated filter essential for healthy hydration. No more worrying about water purity with your own purifier on the go. Easy clips to his backpack with 650ml/22oz capacity.
Travel Coffee Mug
- Oh, how many hours has Mr Globetroter spend researching this one! Every guy will have his own preference on coffee cup size and style but certainly, for camping, we’ve settled on the Tru Blu 16oz vacuum insulated mugs.
Microfibre travel towel
- Another ultra-handy travelling man solution is microfibre towels. They take up so little suitcase space and dry fast, making them an easy gift idea for your frequent traveller.
YETI Panga Airtight, Waterproof and Submersible Bags
- For your men serious about their outdoor adventures this YETI Panga is one serious outdoor adventure backpack. The specially designed Hydrolock Zipper keeps the contents watertight with Dryhaul shoulder straps for comfort.
OneTigris Camping Backpacking Chair
- Perfect for picnics and hikes, the OneTigris is one of the most compact but comfortable camping chairs out there.
Mens Hydration Backpack
- We all know Dads end up carrying far more than their fair share on a day trip, so a hydration pack that’s roomy enough to fit other family hiking essentials is ideal.
- It’s a flashlight. It’s a flask. It’s a compass. It’s a can opener. It’s all of the above! This multi-tool is a great addition to any outdoor adventure. Sure to make an impression and be ultra-practical the powerful 4-mode LED flashlight is also a bottle with two shot glasses. Maybe not enough for a full night around the campfire but a great one for watching the sunset and still having your flashlight to see your way home!
Garmin Instinct Solar Powered SmartWatch
Vont ultrabright headlamp
- A total game-changer for our camping trips has been getting everyone LED headlamps – basic flashlight headlamps for the kids but Dad has the 200-lumen headlamp. Ideal for campsites or even night runs or blackouts in the house; Every Dad needs a headlamp!
Self-Inflating Camp Matress
- Another camping game-changer for us in the past few years has been moving from blow-up mattresses to sleek air-inflating mattresses. Far more compact and easy to travel with, and far much less work to set up camp! You’ll still get great comfort and support on all but the hardest of rocky surfaces.
Barillo Bartender Bag
- For the cocktail connoisseur! Don’t worry about leaving your mod-cons behind when you’re away from home, this essential barman’s kit comes with you in a stylish canvas roll bag – bound to make a unique and memorable travel gift for a travel-loving man who also loves his drinks around the camp fire!
- You’ll wonder why you never went camping without one! Another total space and time saver when we go camping, it takes seconds to inflate and gives a comfortable and relaxing day bed for camping, beaches or family picnic days – the only problem will be getting everyone else off Dad’s couch!.
Kabob Grilling Sticks
- Camping dinners are about to turn gourmet! No need to spend hours grilling, ready to fill stainless steel baskets for a unique touch of camping fun.
Travel bags & luggage for Men
When did your man last get a chance to refresh his suitcases and travel gear? Graduating well beyond old backpacking days, here are some modern and sophisticated ideas for perfect mens luggage.
Swissgear Premium Rolling Garment Bag
- Any business travelling man will know just how vital it is to have the right size luggage to carry on ready for a swift airport departure on arrival. But how do you travel carry-on only without your suits getting creased? A cabin-sized rolling garment bag is an essential investment for frequent flying gents that can fit everything you need for short business trips.
Travelers Club Midtown Hardsided Luggage Set
- If it’s a coordinated, hard-sided luggage set that you’re after, it’s hard to go past Travelers Club, reliable luggage set with great reviews and mix and match combos – full-sized spinner suitcase, carry-on spinner, tote and toiletry bag – perfect for whatever type of travel your man is undertaking.
Men’s Hanging Toiletry Bag
- Hanging toiletry bags are the perfect luggage accessory for your male traveller, separate compartments (no one wants to find a rusty razor), but folds up compact and hangs on the back of the bathroom door.
Men’s Travel Accessories Box
- An exceptionally classy gift for a stylish dad who travels. This vegan leather accessories box is perfect for storing cufflinks, rings and neck chains in a compact zipped box that will fit snuggly in a carry on.
Image credit LisaAngelLtd
Anti-theft Sling Bag
- So bum bags might not appeal to your 21st-century male traveller but there’s no reason they can’t still keep their gear nearby and look stylish when travelling with a crossbody bag. Designed for a snug, secure fit, multiple easy to reach pockets, electronics integrations and an RFID blocking zipper pocket.
Carhartt Legacy Standard Work Backpack
- If you’re travelling anywhere with a laptop, having an appropriately structured laptop backpack is essentials. Keep your laptop in a safe and secure pocket, with plenty of other pockets for cords and all your other travel essentials in one bag. We love the Carhartt with extra-wide comfortable shoulder straps for heavy loads, ultra-strong, tear-resistant material and a generous capacity.
Amatory Electronics Organizer
- With all the new tech we’ve mentioned above you’re probably wondering how to carry it all? Cue the tech bag! You can never have enough useful pockets, right? Plenty of padded pockets and dividers make this a great piece of kit for the family man responsible for multiple devices when you travel!
Ekster Parliament Wallet (with tracker)
- Looking to keep your cards and money to a bare minimum when you travel? This slimline men’s credit card wallet should be all you need. It can fit up to 10 cards, is RFID blocking and includes an exclusive Ekster tracker card you can call from your phone should your wallet be lost or stolen.
Mini First Class Leather Tech Case
- A stylish leather travel organiser perfect for your frequent flying fella, fits your chargers and important travel documents in one handy wallet.
- Ok, don’t groan! I know these appear on every travel bloggers suggestions, but seriously, get them! Ideal for separating out shoes, dirties and cleans and keeping your suitcase organised on the go. Packing cubes will revolutionise the way you travel whether it’s business trips or a family vacation. Stop procrastinating and just buy some!
Mens travel books and memorablia
Not all men are as into the travel memorabilia and travel decor perhaps quite as much as the ladies but doesn’t mean there aren’t some classy gifts that work great at home for your travel-loving man. Why not try some of these ideas for bringing travel decor and inspiration to your man’s home:
XXL World Map Pin Board
- This extra large fleece world map makes the perfect pin board for an office or anywhere around the home. Pin locations, or add travel tickets or memorablia to personalise your world map.
Beer Cap Map of the USA
- The perfect collectable for your craft beer connoisseur, this simple plywood wall art has perfectly grooved slots for your beer caps to create your own memorably masterpiece – or lookout for the same design with corks if you’re more of a wine-master!
National Geographic Atlas of Beer
- Another one for the true beer fan, the perfect coffee table collectible journeying around the world through the love of beer. Stunning photography, compelling graphics and maps this is sure to be a talking point.
- A tour around the world one distillery at a time, another superb coffee table collectable for the whisky connoisseur to enjoy and plot their future travels.
Scratch Map Deluxe XL
- The classic scratch map never goes out of style – just make sure you’re investing in a quality map perfect for wall mounting.
Customizable Map Cufflinks
- A classy pair of customisable map cufflinks to remember your favorite places around the world, this is the perfect sentimental gift for a man that loves to travel.
Image credit Bookity vis Etsy
Small but practical travel gifts for men
These are ideal little stocking stuffers for men or when you are just after that ‘little something’ you know they’ll get great use out of and love.
Necktie Travel Roll
- A classy and space-saving travel case solution for businessmen. This leather necktie roll with magnetic closure will keep your ties crease-free when you travel.
- Never lose your essentials again when you’re travelling. The Tile Mate works with Bluetooth tracking with up to 400 ft range. At only 0.5oz its a super compact but vital little piece of kit for your man who loves to travel (but can never remember where he left his keys!)
- How many times have you found yourself caught short with the wrong plugs? The Universal adaptor with USB ports takes care of all! Not that exciting as a gift, but oh so practical they’ll still be thanking you!
MagicFiber Cleaning Cloths
- Alas, again you’re not going to win the award for the most exciting Father’s Day gift this year, but it’s something we ALWAYS need these days! Hubby keeps these in the car, next to every device in the house, glasses cases, you name it!
Road Tripper Plus App
- Yes, an App as a gift! Hands down the best travel planning app we’ve found to date and has been worth every cent to upgrade to PLUS for the help it gives planning out distances and roadside stops.
- Globetrotter readers can get $5 off here! Code: BTR5QTP(publishing our full review of this awesome app soon!)
We hope you’ve found the perfect gift for the travel loving dads and men in your life.
Before you go, don’t miss more inspiration for gifts:
Helpful? Bookmark this page or save it to Pinterest for later
We are Amazon Associates and we are also affiliated with Uncommon Goods, Amini Causa and AHALife, meaning we earn a commission should a qualifying purchase be made from our curated suggestions.
© Our Globetrotters | Feature Images CanvaPro